Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Perfect Baby Shower Dress

Can I tell y'all something? I don't like maternity clothes. They're not my thing. I can never find any that fit just right. It must be something about my combination of chesty upper body and flat-as-a-board lower body, coupled with long legs that makes me hard to dress as a pregnant woman. Most companies seem to think that since I'm pregnant, I just want to dress my bump in only horizontal stripes or in a dress/top that looks like it belongs in a lovely, older woman's nursing home wardrobe. Enter PinkBlush. I discovered this brand on Zulily during my first pregnancy, and I fell in love. 
A line of maternity clothes that was actually on-trend, flattering, and something I'd want to buy even if I weren't pregnant? A win in my book. And when you can find something that makes you feel cute, stylish, beautiful at 7, 8, 9 months pregnant? Even better. PinkBlush is my go-to for maternity clothes, especially dresses. They have a huge range of dresses that are perfect for casual, dressy, work, church, showers and everything in between. I actually kept several of my PinkBlush Maternity items in my wardrobe for a long time after Tucker was born because I loved them so much. 
When I got the opportunity to try out part of PinkBlush Maternity's new line, I jumped on it. I knew I wanted a dress that would work for Easter and baby showers since I'm due about a week and a half after Easter. This teal floral fits the bill. I was a little concerned about sizing because I'm right between the medium and large measurement-wise and dress measurements aren't listed online. I'm glad I went with the size up, so there will be room to grow. In an effort to pretend it was spring in Texas, I paired it with gold wedges and a fun, irridescent necklace. For cooler weather, I'll probably wear it with tights, a cardigan, and booties. And I just LOVE this color combination. PinkBlush is having an ah-mazing sale right now, so head on over to their site and get your shop on. www.pinkblushmaternity.com
And just for fun, here's a peek into Our Trophy Life. Mama trying to take pictures while the boys play fight with sticks in the background. Bring on the boys! 
Xoxo
Kaitlyn


**clothing provided by PinkBlush Maternity for review**

2 comments:

  1. Pretty Baby Bump Fashion & you look great! I'm so happy for your growing family. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete